EVENTS: Calendar and Bell Ringers for Thursday, March 7, 2019
Mark has posted new songs on the website! Check them out at http://www.coloradomusic.org.
COMBO is about the “Business” of Music. Our mission is to disseminate information that musicians need to know in order to advance their own careers! Our articles represent some phase of music business that could effect musicians everywhere.
● Jazz Jam at Bear Creek Distillery 4th Thursday of the Month
● Performance High Offers Course in “Improving Your Band”
● CCMLLHF now taking nominations for their August Awards show
● Drum Mastery 2019 – The Shure Drum Contest – Deadline to Enter: May 6, 2019
● Registration for the 2019 Colorado Blues Challenge Now Open
Featured Member for March 2019: The Symbols / Stompit
Events – March 2019
Su, 10th – Northern Colorado Chapter NSAI – 3:00 p.m.
Mo, 11th – Denver Chapter NSAI, CCM Studios, 4214 E. Colfax Ave., Denver – 7 p.m.
Tu, 12th – CBCA Honors Luncheon – Seawell Grand Ballroom, DPAC
Th, 14th – Setting the Stage Next Workshop – See “Events” – 7:00 p.m.
Sa, 23rd – Family Day | Hansel and Gretel at Ellie Caulkins Opera House – 10:00 a.m.
Reservations required: https://www.operacolorado.org/event/family-day/
Mo, 25th – COMBO General Meeting at the Irish Snug, 1225 East Colfax – 6:30 p.m.
Su, 31st – Vintage Voltage Expo and Toy & Doll Supershow, Denver Mart, I-25 and 58th Avenue
Artists – March 2019
Th, 7th – The Symbols at McCarthy’s Pub, Aurora – 8:00 p.m.
Fr, 8th – Stompit at Bonacquisti Wine Co., Denver, CO – 8:00 p.m.
Sa, 9th – Stompit at Avogadro’s Number, Fort Collins, CO – 8:00 p.m.
Su, 10th Helman/Grant/Buffalo Riders at Aviation Club, 11705 Airport Way, Broomfield – 6-9/$5
Sa, 16th – Stompit at Berthoud Brewing Co., Berthoud, CO – 6:00 p.m.
Su, 17th-Helman/Grant/Buffalo Riders at Aviation Club, 11705 Airport Way, Broomfield – 6-9/$5
Sa, 23rd – Enzi at Arapahoe Basin – Free show!
Su, 24th-Helman/Grant/Buffalo Riders at Aviation Club, 11705 Airport Way, Broomfield – 6-9/$5
Su, 31st-Helman/Grant/Buffalo Riders at Aviation Club, 11705 Airport Way, Broomfield – 6-9/$5
April 2019 Events:
Mo, 22nd – COMBO General Meeting on “Is Vinyl Making a Comeback? What Media is Best for My Project?”
Sa, 27th – Legends in Tribute at the Masonic Hall, 3550 Federal Boulevard, Denver | http://www.rmpadenver.com/Legends-Tour.html
May 2019 Events:
Th-Sa, 2nd – 4th – ASCAP Music Expo, Hollywood, CA – http://www.ascap.com
Tu, 7th – 4U: A Symphonic Celebration of Prince at Red Rocks. The hits of Prince with a full symphony orchestra. Tickets are on sale now! http://www.redrocks.com
Th-Sa, 9th – 11th – Swallow Hill’s Ukelele Fest | http://www.swallowhillmusic.org
Sa, 18th – Five Points Jazz Fest, Denver, CO | http://www.FivePointsJazz.org
Sa, 18th – Wildflower Fest, Richardson, TX | http://www.WildflowerFest.com
May 2019 Artists:
Fr, 17th – Rachel & The Ruckus, Por Winehouse, 836 ½ Main St., Louisville – 7:30 – 10:00 p.m.
June 2019 Events:
Tu, 4th – Su, 9th – Colorado Bluegrass Festival & Jams – http://www.folkwest.com
BELL RINGERS: Previous article ringing a bell? Look for it on COMBO’s Website!
● Warning Signs of Suicide 1-800-273-TALK
● COMBO’s YouTube Channel Features Videos From Our Meetings and Friends
● Vintage Voltage Expo to be Held March 31, 2019 at the Denver Mart
● Registration is Now Open for Off the Hook Arts’ Summer 2019 Music & Arts Workshop!
● Extra Arts Education Boosts Students’ Writing Scores — and Their Compassion
● Acoustic Ranch Records Launches Songwriting Contest for Free Recording
● Despite Major Cancellations in 2019, Denver Festival Scene Still Seeing Success
● National Endowment for the Arts – Announces Fiscal Year 2019, First Round Grants
● Women Sound Off: A Podcasting 101 Boot Camp for Women
● Denver Youth Come Together for Black Music Matters
● Grandoozy Organizers Donate $58,000 to Denver Non-Profits
● Laura Jane Musser Fund Looking for Applicants in Rural Communities
● Performance High Offers Courses in “Improving Your Band”
● Here Are The 2019 Colorado Blues Society’s Members Favorites!
● Setting the Stage Next Workshop – Thursday, March 14th – 7:00 p.m.