EVENTS: Calendar and Bell Ringers for Thursday, May 16, 2019
Lost: Water bottle at 3/25/19 meeting: Contact Barb Dye at [email protected] if you have info about either! Describe water bottle if you’d like to have it back. AND – Kathy Carpenter is looking for an “Eagle’s Nest” recording studio that was in Littleton or for Jerry Nelson & Scott Nelson. She wants permission to record a song that they produced, “I Don’t Want My Mansion Here” but she does not know the name(s) of the songwriter(s). (A member of the Bob Seger Tribute Band called! Thanks for passing the message along. We connected them up with the agent).
COMBO is about the “Business” of Music. Our mission is to disseminate information that musicians need to know in order to advance their own careers! Our articles represent some phase of music business that could effect musicians everywhere.
PLEASE! Don’t kill yourself. Call a friend, wait until after midnight, get a lot of sleep, or call 1-800-273-TALK. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Trust us – You’ll be glad you stayed alive at some point in the near future. Walk outside and look at the stars and think how much you will miss them. You have a purpose in life – you will find it but you need time.
● COMBO’s 7th Annual Songwriting Contest started May 1st – Ends August 1, 2019
● Talent Wanted for Zio’s Alley Bar
● The Tank Center for Sonic Arts Opens for Its 4th Season on May 1st
● The Mile High Blues Society – International Blues Challenge Registration is Now Open
● CCMLLHF now taking nominations for their August Awards show
● Jazz Jam at Bear Creek Distillery 4th Thursday of the Month
● Colorado Guitar Show & Custom Luthier Expo on Saturday, June 29th
● Denver Cultural Advisory Board Seeks Candidates – Deadline May 29
● #WomenCrushDEN: Songstress Happy Hour Open Mic Meetup (every 3rd Tuesday!)
Syntax Physic Opera, 554 S Broadway, Denver, Colorado 80209 | 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Next one: Tuesday, May 21st
Featured Members for May 2019: Jamie Krutz and Isabelle Stillman
Events – May 2019:
Sa, 18th – Five Points Jazz Fest, Denver, CO | http://www.FivePointsJazz.org
Sa, 18th – Wildflower Fest, Richardson, TX | http://www.WildflowerFest.com
Su, 19th – Boulder County AIDS Project Annual Candlelight Vigil, 2118 14th St Boulder, CO 80302 | 6:45 p.m Public reception at the BCAP house, 2118 14th Street Boulder – 7:30 pm
The public memorial program remembering local people lost to HIV/AIDS, then it continues with a silent candlelight walk on the Pearl Street Mall. Speakers include the Reverend Bill Calhoun and the Reverend Chris Braudaway- Bauman. Music will be provided by local folk singers Laurie Dameron and Matt Nicodemus.
Mo, 20th – COMBO General Meeting with David Booker, Irish Snug, 1201 E. Colfax, 6:30 p.m.
Sa, 25th – Denver Day of Rock | http://www.denverdayofrock.com
Fr – Mo, 24th – 27th – Boulder Creek Festival | http://www.bouldercreekfest.com
Fr – Mo, 24th – 27th – Blues, Brews & BBQ Festival, Beaver Creek, CO
Fr, 24th thru the summer: Free shows at Levitt Pavillion, Ruby Hill Park, Denver
Fr, 31st – Durango Blues Train to Silverton | https://www.facebook.com/DurangoBluesTrain
Artists – May 2019:
Fr, 17th – Rachel & The Ruckus, Por Winehouse, 836 ½ Main St., Louisville – 7:30 – 10:00 p.m.
Sa, 18th – Isabelle Stillman at the http://www.ParkHillArtFestival.com, Denver – 12:00 noon
Su, 19th – Laurie Dameron – Boulder County AIDS Project – 2118 14th St., Boulder – 8:00 p.m.
Fr, 31st – Rudy Grant Band at Blossom on Windsor Gardens – 6-9:00 p.m.
Events – June 2019:
Sa, 1st – Durango Blues Train to Silverton | https://www.facebook.com/DurangoBluesTrain
Su, 2nd – City Park Jazz starts with Emma Mayes and The Hip | Go here for the full schedule:
Fr, 7th – 29th – Equinox Theatre Company Presents “Be More Chill” – “campy high school sci-fi spoof!” – http://www.EquinoxTheatreDenver.com
Tu, 4th – Su, 9th – Colorado Bluegrass Festival & Jams – http://www.folkwest.com
Sa, 8th – Su, 9th – Berkeley Festival, Denver with Hazel Miller
Su, 9th – Blues Children on Stage! at Oskar Blues Homemade Liquids and Solids in Longmont!
On the outdoor stage, weather permitting. Spread the word! All youth musicians are welcome to come out and play some live blues!
Sa, 15th – Brighton Blues Blast w/Tab Benoit & Cass Clayton | Brighton Armory, 300 Strong St. https://www.facebook.com/events/423566191735746/
Th, 27th – Root 40 Music Fest at the Colfax Museum complex -6-10 p.m. – more later
Sa, 29th – Root 40 Music Fest at the Colfax Museum complex – starting at noon – more later
Sa, 29th – Guitar & Luthier Show, Lutheran High School, Parker, CO – 10:00-3:00 p.m.
Sa, 29th – Extreme at Freedom Fest Colorado – Jefferson County Fairgrounds
Artists – June 2019:
Sa, 1st – Rudy Grant Band at Cheluna’s Brewery, 2501 Dallas Street, Aurora – 7:00 p.m.
Fr, 7th – Rudy Grant Band at The Zion Center, E. 33rd at Frost Street – Senior Prom
Sa, 15th – Rudy Grant Band at Mile High Market Place, 88th & H76 – 12 to 3:00 p.m.
Events – July 2019:
Sa, 6th – Broadway Reunion at The Venue, 1451 Cortez St., Hwy. 36 & Pecos – Featuring bands from The Broadway days: Angellic Rage, fourth Estate, Chaos Theory, Hippie Werewolves, and [Gregg Stone’s band] Nasty’s Nightmare | This is going to be monumental! Don’t miss it.
Fr – Su, 26th – 28th – Underground Music Showcases |Weekend passes offer access to FOUR outdoor stages, over 200 bands to be announced, as well as 20+ Indoor venues! https://www.undergroundmusicshowcase.com/tickets
Artists – July 2019:
Sa, 27th – Rudy Grant Band at Mile High Market Place, 88th & H76 – 12 to 3:00 p.m.
Events – August 2019:
Mo, 26th – OneRepublic w/the Colorado Symphony at Red Rocks – Tickets on sale Fr., April 5th
Fr-Sa, 30th – 31st – Taste of Colorado – Civic Center, Denver
Artists – August 2019:
Sa, 3rd – Rudy Grant Band at Cheluna’s Brewery, 2501 Dallas Street, Aurora – 7:00 p.m.
Su, 18th – Rudy Grant Band at CCMHOF Festival, Dougie’s, 10217 Quivas St. – 2:00 p.m.
BELL RINGERS: Previous article ringing a bell? Look for it on COMBO’s Website!
● Warning Signs of Suicide 1-800-273-TALK
● COMBO’s YouTube Channel Features Videos From Our Meetings and Friends
● The PA Bill That Should Worry Professional Musicians Everywhere
● COMBO’s 7th Annual Songwriting Contest Started May 1st
● Colorado Guitar Show & Custom Luthier Expo on Saturday, June 29th
● Denver Arts Festival Looking for Volunteers – May 25th & 26th
● Woodstock 50: What Has Gone Wrong and How It Could Still Happen
● Key Witness in Oakland’s ‘Ghost Ship’ Fire Trial Dies Before He’s Able to Testify
● The Westword Music Showcase Announces First Round of Denver Bands
● The Five Points Jazz Festival Returns on Saturday, May 18th
● Teknival: Rave-goers Get Hypothermia After Unexpected Snow in France
● Denver Will Host the Music Cities Convention in 2020
● Kathy Carpenter: Looking for an “Eagle’s Nest” recording studio in Littleton.
● Local Rockstars Firefall is Recording New Songs
● 7Everyday Hero Lifting the Spirits of Patients Through Piano After He Has Stroke
● UMS 2019 Lineup Headlined by Honne, Chicano Batman and Black Mountain