EVENTS: Calendar and Bell Ringers for Thursday, May 2, 2019
Lost: Bob Seegar Tribute Band and water bottle at 3/25/19 meeting: Contact Barb Dye at [email protected] if you have info about either! BSTB may have a potential booking if we can find them! Describe water bottle if you’d like to have it back.
Time for a BIG THANK YOU to all those people who have joined COMBO and paid “their dues!” Dues money goes to pay expenses to keep COMBO up & running. We are manned by volunteers only so your dues pay for insurance, website and upkeep, post office, telephone services, and more. If there is anyway that we can help YOU out, please contact us at [email protected] with your question(s) or comment(s).
COMBO is about the “Business” of Music. Our mission is to disseminate information that musicians need to know in order to advance their own careers! Our articles represent some phase of music business that could effect musicians everywhere.
PLEASE! Don’t kill yourself. We NEED *YOU*. Call a friend, wait until after midnight, get a lot of sleep, or call 1-800-273-TALK. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Trust us – You’ll be glad you stayed alive at some point in the near future. Walk outside and look at the stars and think how much you will miss them. You have a purpose in life – it’s up to you to find it.
● Calling All Artists! Denver Wants To Paint 5 Pianos On 16th Street Mall
● The Tank Center for Sonic Arts Opens for Its 4th Season on May 1st
● The Mile High Blues Society – International Blues Challenge Registration is Now Open
● CCMLLHF now taking nominations for their August Awards show
● Drum Mastery 2019 – The Shure Drum Contest – Deadline to Enter: May 6, 2019
● Jazz Jam at Bear Creek Distillery 4th Thursday of the Month
● Colorado Guitar Show & Custom Luthier Expo on Saturday, June 29th
Featured Members for May 2019: Jamie Krutz and Isabelle Stillman
Events – May 2019:
Th-Sa, 2nd – 4th – ASCAP Music Expo, Hollywood, CA – http://www.ascap.com
Su, 5th – Setting the Stage: How Can I fit My Creativity into My Hectic Life? (See Events)
Tu, 7th – Denver Arts & Venues – Imagine 2020 Speaker Series – 8:00 a.m. (See Events)
Tu, 7th – 4U: A Symphonic Celebration of Prince at Red Rocks. The hits of Prince with a full symphony orchestra. Tickets are on sale now! http://www.redrocks.com
Tu, 13th – Denver Chapter NSAI – at CCM Studios, 7:00 p.m. | http://www.ccmstudios.com
Th-Sa, 9th – 11th – Swallow Hill’s Ukelele Fest | http://www.swallowhillmusic.org
Sa, 18th – Five Points Jazz Fest, Denver, CO | http://www.FivePointsJazz.org
Sa, 18th – Wildflower Fest, Richardson, TX | http://www.WildflowerFest.com
Su, 19th – Boulder County AIDS Project Annual Candlelight Vigil, 2118 14th St Boulder, CO 80302 | 6:45 p.m Public reception at the BCAP house, 2118 14th Street Boulder – 7:30 pm
The public memorial program remembering local people lost to HIV/AIDS, then it continues with a silent candlelight walk on the Pearl Street Mall. Speakers include the Reverend Bill Calhoun from St. Andrew Presbyterian Church in Boulder and the Reverend Chris Braudaway- Bauman from the First Congregational Church in Boulder. Music will be provided by local folk singers Laurie Dameron and Matt Nicodemus.
Sa, 25th – Denver Day of Rock | http://www.denverdayofrock.com
Fr – Mo, 24th – 27th – Boulder Creek Festival | http://www.bouldercreekfest.com
Fr – Mo, 24th – 27th – Blues, Brews & BBQ Festival, Beaver Creek, CO
Fr, 24th thru the summer: Free shows at Levitt Pavillion, Ruby Hill Park, Denver
Fr, 31st – Durango Blues Train to Silverton | https://www.facebook.com/DurangoBluesTrain
Artists – May 2019:
Th, 2nd – Rudy Grant Band at Cheluna’s Brewery, 2501 Dallas Street, Aurora – 7:00 p.m.
Fr, 3rd – Laurie Dameron at Niwot First Friday Art Walk, Cottonwood Square – 5:45 p.m.
Sa, 4th – Rudy Grant Band at Mile High Market Place, 88th & H76 – 12 to 3:00 p.m.
Sa, 4th – Stompit at Chiller’s Bar and Grill, Loveland, CO – 9:00 p.m.
Sa, 4th – Professor M at Violet’s Venue, Wheat Ridge, CO – 8:00 p.m.
(Gary has tickets to give away! E-mail him at [email protected] to get on a guest list!)
http://www.violetsvenue.bar | (Old Riff’s) 10151 West 26th Avenue, Unit B, Wheat Ridge.
Th, 9th – Isabelle Stillman at the Mercury Café, 2199 California St., Denver – 7:30 p.m.
Fr. 10th – Laurie & Lorrie at BonacQuisti Wine Co., 4600 Pecos St., Denver – 6:30 p.m.
Th, 16th – Laurie & Lorrie at Boulder Country Club, 7350 Clubhouse Rd., Boulder – 6:00 p.m.
Fr, 17th – Rachel & The Ruckus, Por Winehouse, 836 ½ Main St., Louisville – 7:30 – 10:00 p.m.
Sa, 18th – Isabelle Stillman at the http://www.ParkHillArtFestival.com, Denver – 12:00 noon
Su, 19th – Laurie Dameron – Boulder County AIDS Project – 2118 14th St., Boulder – 8:00 p.m.
Fr, 31st – Rudy Grant Band at Blossom on Windsor Gardens – 6-9:00 p.m.
Events – June 2019:
Sa, 1st – Duranto Blues Train to Silverton | https://www.facebook.com/DurangoBluesTrain
Su, 2nd – City Park Jazz starts with Emma Mayes and The Hip | Go here for the full schedule:
Fr, 7th – 29th – Equinox Theatre Company Presents “Be More Chill” – “campy high school sci-fi spoof!” – http://www.EquinoxTheatreDenver.com
Tu, 4th – Su, 9th – Colorado Bluegrass Festival & Jams – http://www.folkwest.com
Su, 9th – Blues Children on Stage! at Oskar Blues Homemade Liquids and Solids in Longmont!
On the outdoor stage, weather permitting. Spread the word! All youth musicians are welcome to come out and play some live blues!
Sa, 15th – Brighton Blues Blast w/Tab Benoit & Cass Clayton | Brighton Armory, 300 Strong St. https://www.facebook.com/events/423566191735746/
Th, 27th – Root 40 Music Fest at the Colfax Museum complex -6-10 p.m. – more later
Sa, 29th – Root 40 Music Fest at the Colfax Museum complex – starting at noon – more later
Sa, 29th – Guitar & Luthier Show, Lutheran High School, Parker, CO – 10:00-3:00 p.m.
Sa, 29th – Extreme at Freedom Fest Colorado – Jefferson County Fairgrounds
Artists – June 2019:
Sa, 1st – Rudy Grant Band at Cheluna’s Brewery, 2501 Dallas Street, Aurora – 7:00 p.m.
Fr, 7th – Rudy Grant Band at The Zion Center, E. 33rd at Frost Street – Senior Prom
Sa, 15th – Rudy Grant Band at Mile High Market Place, 88th & H76 – 12 to 3:00 p.m.
Events – July 2019:
Sa, 6th – Broadway Reunion at The Venue, 1451 Cortez St., Hwy. 36 & Pecos – Featuring bands from The Broadway days: Angellic Rage, fourth Estate, Chaos Theory, Hippie Werewolves, and [Gregg Stone’s band] Nasty’s Nightmare | This is going to be monumental! Don’t miss it.
Artists – July 2019:
Sa, 27th – Rudy Grant Band at Mile High Market Place, 88th & H76 – 12 to 3:00 p.m.
Events – August 2019:
Mo, 26th – OneRepublic w/the Colorado Symphony at Red Rocks – Tickets on sale Fr., April 5th
Fr-Sa, 30th – 31st – Taste of Colorado – Civic Center, Denver
Artists – August 2019:
Sa, 3rd – Rudy Grant Band at Cheluna’s Brewery, 2501 Dallas Street, Aurora – 7:00 p.m.
Su, 18th – Rudy Grant Band at CCMHOF Festival, Dougie’s, 10217 Quivas St. – 2:00 p.m.
BELL RINGERS: Previous article ringing a bell? Look for it on COMBO’s Website!
● Warning Signs of Suicide 1-800-273-TALK
● COMBO’s YouTube Channel Features Videos From Our Meetings and Friends
● Urban Arts Music Camp June 17-21 Taught by Miguel Espinoza Flamenco Fusion
● Denver’s School of Rock Taking Applications for Its Summer Camps
● Denver Botanic Gardens Announces Remaining Lineup for 2019 Summer Concert Series
● Performance High Offering New Classes
● Jim Brickman’s Songwriters Bootcamp
● Kudos to COMBO Member Jack Gaffney – Going to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music
● Off the Hook Arts Presents SummerFest 2019 – June 17 – July 12, 2019
● Three Top Vinyl Record Shops In Denver
● Calling All Artists! Denver Wants To Paint 5 Pianos On 16th Street Mall
● News From Julie Gellar and Setting the Stage
● Live Nation Announces Fifth Annual National Concert Week
● Did You Know? Trivia from the Colorado Blues Society!
● Airshow Mastering Updates on FoCoMX Compilation Album and More
● Artspace Plan to Build Affordable Artist Housing Fails in RiNo
● The Valuable Info You Missed at the April 22nd COMBO Meeting
● Denver Concert Band: Introducing our 2019 Young Artist Scholarship recipient: Sebastian Alvarez Piras!
● Denver Arts & Venues is Pleased to Present the Next in Our IMAGINE 2020 Speaker Series
● Live Nation Not Responsible for Drunk Festivalgoers Injuring Themselves, Rules Appeals Court
● A Beginner’s Guide to Getting Your Music Noticed
● The Tragic Decline of Music Literacy (and Quality)
● Julian Lennon’s Afterlife Earth Day Message From Father Gave Him ‘Goosebumps for Days’