EVENTS: Calendar and Bell Ringers for Thursday, November 15, 2018
Our hearts go out to the victims and their families of another horrific mass shooting at a “Country Night” night club in Thousand Oaks, CA that happened last week. The club was filled with young college-age people just trying to have a good time – not hurting anyone. Also killed was a sheriff’s deputy who rushed in to try to stop the gunman, and the doorman/bouncer/ security guard at the front door. We just wish that someone would come up with a solution to stop this madness.
Also, the victims of the California fires are on our minds as well. So many musicians have lost their homes and must start over from scratch. Hang in there, friends. Maybe a lot of good songs will come out of your losses.
COMBO is about the “Business” of Music. Our mission is to disseminate information that musicians need to know in order to advance their own careers! Our articles represent some phase of music business that could effect musicians everywhere.
● Rupp’s Drums Presents A Drum Clinic With Ari Hoenig
● Will Whalen Looking for Band Members (See Talent Needed category)
● Martha Kate Thomas Fund for Artists Grants – Deadline for Applications Nov. 15th TODAY
● Podcasting 101: Ready, Set, Record Your Podcast!
Featured Member For November 2018: Will Whalen
Events – November 2018
Nov. 9th thru Dec. 1st – Regional Premiere of ATOMIC: The New Rock Musical – shows Friday and Saturday nights at 7:30 p.m.
Sa, 17th – COMBO’s Songwriters Showcase at the Hard Rock Café – 8:00 p.m.
Tu, 27th – Rupp’s Drums Presents A Clinic With Ari Hoenig – 7:30 p.m. | www.ruppsdrums.com
Artists – November 2018
COMBO members! Where are your shows! E-mail them to [email protected]
Th, 15th – Gary Dean Smith Project, Walnut Room, 3131 Walnut Street – 8:00 p.m. – $10
Events – December 2018
Tu, 4th – Colorado Gives Day!!! Give to COMBO – or Join!! (hint, hint!)
Tu, 4th – Colorado Music Collective, Syntax Physic Opera, 554 South Broadway, Denver, CO 80209 – 720-456-7041 | 6:00 p.m.
Tu, 4th – Alice in Winterland 105.9 presents Denver’s OneRepublic at the Fillmore!
We, 5th – Colorado Springs NSAI Chapter – 7:00 p.m. – Call Rob Jones: 719-291-3352 for info
Fr, 7th – Denver Open Media’s First Friday Event – 700 Kalamath Street – 6:30 p.m.
Su, 9th – Northern CO Chapter NSAI Meeting – Justice Center Community Room 225 Kimbark Street, Longmont, CO 80501 – 3:00 p.m.
Mo, 10th – Denver Chapter NSAI Meeting – CCN Studios, 4214 E. Colfax Ave., Denver – 7:00
Sa, 8th – COMBO’s Holiday Party at the Hard Rock Café – 5:30 p.m. until ??? (more later)
Save the date: Fifty Dollar Friend on New Year’s Eve
Save the date: Colorado Performing Arts Jamboree is January 25, 2019 – JeffCo Fairgrounds
BELL RINGERS: Previous article ringing a bell? Look for it on COMBO’s Website!
● Warning Signs of Suicide 1-800-273-TALK
● COMBO’s YouTube Channel Features Videos From Our Meetings and Friends
● Congratulations to COMBO’s VP Annette Cannon – New JeffCo Coroner
● Jim Ratts Goes Home to ‘Small Towns’ on His Latest ‘Sound Collage’ Album
● Waxing Nostalgic—New Documentary Explores History of Wax Trax
● Gary Dean Smith Project Debuts at the Walnut Room November 15th
● Martha Kate Thomas Fund for Artists Grant Guidelines
● Early Bird Sign-ups are Open for the Spring Durango Songwriters Expo
● Rupp’s Drums Presents A Clinic With Ari Hoenig
● Will Whalen Looking for Band Members
● Veterans Find Voice At Songwriting Retreat: ‘Able To Be Vulnerable’
● Dave Aguilar – Channel 4 Weather – Makes a Musical Funny!
● Update on COMBO Member Writes: “Is this legit?” Lawyers response!
● Algie Powers Has Uploaded DSE Videos
● ‘Bathtubs Over Broadway’ Tips Hat to Unsung ‘Corporate Musicals’
● COMBO’s Featured Songs for November 2018
● Denver Booking Agent Brian Webb Passes
● “Blue Lightning First Strike” is Best Self-Produced CD Winner
● Wolfgang Zuckerman, Harpsichord maker, dies
● Colorado Performing Arts Jamboree is January 25, 2019
● Regional Premiere of ATOMIC: The New Rock Musical