EVENTS: COMBO Songwriting Workshop With The Renowned Terry Woodford – April 8th
COMBO will present a songwriting workshop with Terry Woodford on Saturday, April 8th at the Denver Musician Association offices’ meeting room from 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. The workshop is free and refreshments will be provided!
Terry Woodford is a hit record producer, music publisher, songwriter, sound engineer, and educator who spent a lifetime developing, marketing, and selling music recordings, teaching students about the music business and coaching creative people on how to write songs that make money.
He co-founded the nation’s first four-year degree program at the University of North Alabama in Florence, Alabama to teach the ins and outs of the music business. He helped develop curriculum and taught courses in song writing, record production, recording studio techniques, and music publishing.
In 2000, he was recognized with the “Excellence in Leadership Award” from the University of North Alabama for program development. Many of his students and prodigies have become successful music company executives, hit song writers, music publishers, record producers and recording studio owners. One of his prodigies, Mac McAnally, was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and has won Country Musician of the Year nine times. Currently Mac is Jimmy Buffet’s record producer and tours with his band.
Terry’s additional accomplishments include:
1. Owned and operated Wishbone, an independent record production company and recording studio in Muscle Shoals, Alabama;
2. Founded five successful music publishing companies. Hired, coached, and published songwriters, and built the value of their copyrights to an appraised value of $3.2 million;
3. Awarded eight gold and three multi-platinum records as a song writer, music publisher, producer, recording engineer, or recording studio owner;
4. Co-produced, wrote and engineered “Scratching”, a top ten most sampled instrumental track of the hip hop era. It is currently being used on the Netflix TV series “The Get Down”;
5. Received a BMI Million Performance Award as the songwriter and publisher of Angel in Your Arms which was a hit twice and sold over two million copies;
6. Exclusive producer for Motown Records;
7. Sang on national radio commercials for Budweiser, American Dairy Association, and South Central Bell;
8. Served as a Member, Board of Governors, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, Nashville Chapter (5 years);
9. National finals judge for the American Song Festival (5 years);
10. Chairman, Alabama Music Hall of Fame, Board of Directors (5 years). Raised four million dollars to build an Alabama Music Hall of Fame Museum and tourist attraction in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.
Terry wrote, produced, engineered and/or published songs for recordings by The Temptations,
The Commodores, The Supremes, Hank Williams, Jr., Jimmy Buffet, Mac McAnally, Wayne Newton, Steppenwolf, Brenda Lee, Roy Orbison, Barbara Mandrell, Alabama, Lulu, Jerry Butler, Ronnie Milsap and many other recording artists.
Terry currently owns and operates Audio-Therapy Innovations Inc., a niche record company and book publisher that has sold well over two million copies of his therapeutic music recordings called “Heartbeat Lullabies.”
What: COMBO Songwriting Workshop With The Renowned Terry Woodford – April 8th
When: Saturday, April 8th
Time: 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Where: Denver Musicians Association Meeting Room, 10395 West Colfax Avenue, 2nd floor (same building as the Golden Music Center store)
Refreshments will be provided.
# # # # #
Terry also offers a private Songwriting Course which is open to musicians, lyricist, music majors, music therapists and singers.
Enroll if you want to take your songwriting to the next level or are new to songwriting and want to get started on the right track.
What you will learn:
§ Proven ways to improve your songwriting skills
§ How to write or co-write songs that make money
§ What music publishers and recording artists are looking for
§ What record companies are looking for
§ How and when to get your song heard
§ How to get hit song writers to write with you
§ What scams to avoid
§ How not to waste time and money
§ How to save time achieving your songwriting goals
§ How to test whether your song is a winner or not
In the first two hour class you will learn several ways to improve your songwriting skills and how to get your songs more remembered, like, and appreciated.
Call for Free consultation and to schedule your class
[email protected] or 719-473-0100.
The Complete Course Pack: Four, two hour classes. Classes are one taught week apart. Cost is $80.00 per two hour session!
Classes are taught: Saturdays 1:00-3:00 p.m. & Wednesdays from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
You are not required to commit to all four classes
5585 Erindale Drive. Ste. 206, Colorado Springs CO 80918