TALENT NEEDED: Announcing The 2018 Tiny Desk Contest
Are you a person who makes music? Ever wanted to perform behind the Tiny Desk? Here’s your chance: Show us what you’ve got.
When you enter the 2018 Tiny Desk Contest, you join a nationwide community of music-makers and creators. Get started on your video now!
Here’s what you do:
● Create a new video that shows you playing one song you’ve written.
● Do it the way you’d perform a Tiny Desk concert: at a desk. (Any desk!)
● Upload your video to YouTube.
● Fill out our entry form after it opens on Feb. 20 and before 11:59 p.m. ET on March 25, 2018.
The winner will:
● Play a Tiny Desk concert at NPR in Washington, D.C.
● Tour the United States with NPR and Lagunitas.
● Appear at a taping of NPR’s Ask Me Another.
Keep these things in mind:
● We’re looking for undiscovered talent; you can’t have a current recording contract.
● You must be at least 21 years old and live in the U.S. to enter.
● Check our Official Rules for all the requirements. Take this quiz to see if you’re eligible.
Are you eligible? We’ve got a quick and easy way to help you find out! Only valid entries can win the contest, and we won’t be able to notify you about whether or not your entry qualifies.
● You and your group are currently unsigned.
● Each person in your group is a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. [I would ask about your eligibility if you are a resident of one of the U.S. Territories.]
● Each person in your group is at least 21 years old.
● Your videographer is at least 18 years old.
● The song is your, or your group’s, original work.
● The song does NOT sample from other songs, movies, or other bodies of work.
● The video has a desk in it.
● The video was made specifically for this contest.
● The video records a single song.
● The video is shorter than 10 minutes.
● Your videographer has given permission for YOU to use the video for all purposes in all media. [If you were smart, you’d get this in writing.]
● Your videographer has given permission for OTHERS to use the video for all purposes in all media. [See above]
Finish the checklist above to learn what to do next.