TALENT NEEDED: Royalty Exchange Looking for Royalty Administrator – Excel Experience a Must
Royalty Exchange is in search of an Excel and data enthusiast to head up our newly created Royalty Administrator role. Excel experience is a must. Music industry knowledge is a huge plus.
Royalty Exchange is an online marketplace that focuses on transparency and honesty to bring songwriters and artists together with investors. Songwriters and artists love us because we give them access to capital to fund their career. Investors love us because we help them generate income that’s hard to beat.
This role is essential to maintaining the effectiveness of our marketplace. As the number of auctions grow, so does our need to ensure proper and timely assignment of assets. We currently administer on some past deals, but in order to effectively and successfully administer on an increasing number of deals, we need someone’s complete focus and attention.
Success in this role means success for our customers on both sides of our marketplace. Proactive and constant pursuit and resolution of discrepancies is a must. The Royalty Administrator will need to establish and/or continue good working relationships with agents at all royalty paying organizations we work with. This individual will also need to be able to escalate issues within these organizations and present solutions quickly.
You will be our customers’ advocate and work with our account managers post-auction to ensure a smooth transition from close of sale/transfer of asset to future payment distribution.
● Ensure proper assignment and payment of auctioned royalties
● Investigate discrepancies in royalty transfers and payments
● Look for opportunities to increase royalty payments
● Liaise with royalty paying organizations
● Ensure smooth close of sale/transfer of assets
● Prepare outbound royalty statements and associated mailings
● Create royalty invoices and oversee all payments to royalty participants
● Research and analysis for royalty audits
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills
● Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
● Must be very well organized and detail oriented
● Must be able to multitask and prioritize
● Highly motivated and with a desire to work in a team environment
● Strong communication skills both verbally and written
● Ability to learn quickly, and work proactively.
● 4-year college degree preferably in Music Business, Accounting or minimum of 14 units of Accounting preferred
● Preferably 2 years of experience in Royalty accounting
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
● Familiarity with royalty contracts and royalty calculations
● Music Industry knowledge a plus
If you have what it takes to be successful in this role and want to join our growing, dynamic team, apply now.
● Base: $45k-$60k (depending on experience)
● Benefits: Medical, Vision, Life, Dental, 401K