Airshow Has An Opening at Their Boulder Studio for a Studio Manager
Studio Manager position description
Airshow is a nationally—recognized pro audio company with studios in Boulder, CO and Takoma Park, MD. Airshow currently has an opening for Studio Manager in its Boulder, CO studios. We provide mastering for CD, vinyl, and online releases, audio editing and restoration, and recording and mixing services. The facility employs multiple engineers and has several studio rooms.
The Studio Manager at Airshow is the person primarily responsible for Airshow’s interface with the public, prospects, vendors and customers. The Studio Manager role includes:
• developing sales via individual outreach, marketing and advertising
• creating and overseeing staff marketing and outreach efforts
• traffic of projects into, through and out of the studio, including scheduling
• creating, maintaining, educating and motivating staff to follow procedures
• hospitality for clients and prospective clients visiting the studios
• managing customer financial relationships, including estimating, billing and collections
• virtual resources management, including website, email marketing, social media
• working closely under direction of owners to define and accomplish company goals
• creatively solving problems and improving systems and processes
• maintaining contact database
• facilitates management
• other duties as assigned
Our production studio is both a creative enterprise and a time—sensitive technical operation. There are procedures in place for most operations to manage the volume of work in a consistent manner. At the same time, the creative aspect requires that we be flexible and responsive to the needs of our clients.
Attributes and requirements
This is not an entry-level position. The Studio Manager is a music enthusiast with an appropriate business professional background. Familiarity with music production or audio engineering is a plus. The person who is successful in this position must be able to keep several balls in the air, have good personal and professional communication skills and be able to articulate the benefits of Airshow to the public.
Experience with Mac OS, Filemaker, Quickbooks, MS Office, Adobe Crea8ve Suite, marketing platforms (including email service providers [Constant Contact], website administration [WordPress], and social media platforms) is ideal, and enthusiasm for identifying needs for and learning new platforms and programs when necessary is crucial.
This is a permanent position, with regular business hours. Occasional evening and weekend availability will be required. Compensation is a combination of salary and commission.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . Final candidates will be asked to supply references.
Applications are welcome until May 19th.