Hello musicians & friends of jazz! We are less than a month away from the 2nd annual SongBird Vocal Jazz Fest on Nov. 2nd, and our kickoff concert on Nov. 1st at Dazzle!
The SongBird Vocal Jazz Fest is an all-day event in Colorado, focusing on vocal jazz performance and jazz singing education. This event includes a panel discussion, workshops, a showcase for participants, and a concert presented by our featured jazz vocalist and clinician. The SongBird Vocal Jazz Fest workshops are designed for experienced singers age 16 & over who wish to further their knowledge in vocal jazz performance technique and communication of this art form. The SongBird Vocal Jazz Fest is also an excellent opportunity for instrumentalists or directors who work with vocalists! For additional information, please email us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few highlights of this year’s festival are:
● All new workshops by area jazz educators and music professionals
● Master class with Indiana University jazz educator Rachel Caswell
● Panel discussion with professional vocalists about life as a jazz performer
● Evening showcase performed by festival participants
● Kickoff concert with our featured festival vocalist Rachel Caswell, with a special appearance by her sister, Grammy-nominated jazz violinist Sara Caswell
● Those registered for the SongBird Vocal Jazz Fest receive a discount on the ticket price of the Nov.1st concert at Dazzle.
And there is so much more to experience at SongBird Vocal Jazz Fest! Learn about jazz jam etiquette, starting & ending tunes, jazz theory, networking, leading your rhythm section, and scat singing. This festival is for vocalists, instrumentalists who work with vocalists, and jazz fans who want to learn more about vocal jazz.
Please visit SongBird Vocal Jazz Fest for a complete list of offerings and registration options.
If you know anyone who might be interested in joining us, please share this email – thank you!
The SongBird Vocal Jazz Fest Team