COMBO is about the LOVE of Music. Our mission is to assist musicians with the ins & outs of the music industry. We have a board of dedicated and knowledgeable musicians and others in the Music Industry. We offer guidance and advice to help musicians advance their careers whether it be in writing, performing, teaching, or recording and sound engineering! Our articles represent some phase of the music business that could effect musicians – all musicians – everywhere. Our motto: Elevate Your Musical State!
Miss a meeting you wanted to get to? Try Colorado Music Biz’s general YouTube channel:
Get the full stories on COMBO’s website under the heading “Talent Needed”:
● Iconic Colorado Artwork Contest (Deadline October 30th)
● COMBO is also looking for judges for the Summer of 2021’s Songwriting Contest
Check out COMBO’s Calendar for Upcoming Events:
Events – October 2020
Every Friday the Aurora VFW at Tower Road and East Colfax Avenue presents a good old fashioned Country Music Dinner Show with Rudy Grant and The Screaming Eagle Band | Starting at 5:00 p.m. and ending at 9:00, come join the fun!
Sa, 24th – Recycled Records: Record Store Day! We have found our large store is awesome for social distancing! We set up Record Store Day presses outside, under the canopy. Lots of Fun!
Sa, 24th – Memorial Service for Daniel McGoun at Drinkwine Chapel – See “Events”
Sa, 24th – Denver Writer John Moore’s “Waiting for Obama” Will Stream
Su, 25th – Stevie Nicks’ movie: 24 Karat Gold – The Concert – various theaters around town
Mo, 26th – COMBO General Meeting via Zoom – 7:30 p.m. (Note time change) – “Plan NOW for Tax Season 2021″ – Our guest speakers will be offering help to optimize your tax deductions for 2020. See “Events” article below
Events – November 2020
Fr, 6th – Open Media Announces a Fun Moving Party [See “Events’] .
Sa, 7th – Invitation: Cass Clayton Live Concert With Only 40 Seats – Broomfield Auditorium [See “Events”] .
Th, 5th – Music Business: Why Denver Sees It as a Sound Investment (first class; see “Events”)
BELL RINGERS: Previous article ringing a bell? Look for it on COMBO’s Website!
● Warning Signs of Suicide 1-800-273-TALK
● How to Take Care of Your Mental Health During a Pandemic
● COMBO’s YouTube Channel Features Videos From Our Meetings and Friends
● Updates to the COMBO Resource Pages – List Your Business – Free!
● Invitation: Cass Clayton Live Concert With Only 40 Seats – 11/07/20
● Dave Magoun on the Passing of His Brother Daniel Magoun
● Storm Gloor: Zoom Course on Music Business: Why Denver Sees It as a Sound Investment
● Number Thirty Eight Brings Live Music, Food and Booze Venue to RiNo
● Kanye West Focuses on Religion in First Election Campaign Video // KW Promotes 2020 Campaign Merch During VP Debate
● Radiohead Strummer Tests Radical Redesign of Electric Guitar
● UK Just Saved 1385 Venues, But The US Can’t Be Bothered To Save Any // Australia’s Live Industry’s Outlook is ‘truly bleak’ Without Government Action
● Zoom Launches Paid-for Live Events with OnZoom
● Stories Worth the Read: Jon Solomon of Westword is on a Roll!
● Brice Hancock Featured in Book – Break Up to Wake Up: Journey Beyond the Now
● Saam Golgoon Offers Some “Not So Fun Facts” re the Live Entertainment Industry
● The Wanted Singer Tom Parker Reveals He Has Inoperable Brain Tumor
● Japanese Jazz Pianist Recovering from Surgery after New York Subway Attack
● Oh, yeah – I Want to Play THIS Wedding
● Arvada West Choir Director Chris Maunu Congratulates Winners of the World Premiere Consortium
● Answer This Question: How Do I Protect My Voice From the Constant Smoke in the Air?
● Dazzle Owner Beverly Clifton Passes
● Mark Trippensee Writes Tribute to Eddie Van Halen
● Erika Brown Asks for Prayers for Eric and LaDonna Gales