Did you miss the Zoom meeting about “How to Live Stream a Zoom Concert?” COMBO’s webmaster David Barber has uploaded the video recording of the meeting that is chock full of information provided by our guest speakers Rob Roper, Cary Morin, and Celeste Di Iorio . Go to https://youtu.be/16munE4uqwE to check it out!
Many THANKS to David Barber, Alex Teitz, Sheena Morgan, Jamie Krutz, and Rob Roper for contributing stories this week. Your help is TRULY appreciated!
COMBO is about the LOVE of Music. Our mission is to assist musicians with the ins & outs of the music industry. We have a board of dedicated and knowledgeable musicians and others in the Music Industry. We offer guidance and advice to help musicians advance their careers whether it been in writing, performing, teaching, or recording and sound engineering! Our articles represent some phase of the music business that could effect musicians – all musicians – everywhere. Our motto: Elevate Your Musical State!
Miss a meeting you wanted to get to? Try Colorado Music Biz’s general YouTube channel:
Get the full stories on COMBO’s website under the heading “Talent Needed”:
● Denver Arts & Venues Offers CARES Act Grants to Artists and Venues (Deadline Oct. 18th)
● Iconic Colorado Artwork Contest (Deadline October 30th)
● Position Available: Part-Time Drum Instructor for Denver School of Rock
● COMBO is also looking for judges for the Summer of 2021’s Songwriting Contest
Check out COMBO’s Calendar for Upcoming Events:
Events – October 2020
Every Friday the Aurora VFW at Tower Road and East Colfax Avenue presents a good old fashioned Country Music Dinner Show with Rudy Grant and The Screaming Eagle Band | Starting at 5:00 p.m. and ending at 9:00, come join the fun!
Sa, 10th – Celebration of Life for Laura Ottum, 11:00 a.m. – Georgia Boys BBQ, Frederick, CO
Sa, 10th – Innervision Fundraiser & CD release – moved to Nov. 7th – Get your tickets at http://www.innervisionfm.com
Sa, 10th – Old Skool Country Jamboree w/Rudy Grant, Wolf BBQ, 2710 S. Havana St., Aurora Colorado | 6 to 9:00 p.m. |
Fr, 16th – Gaia Rising: Holding “Get The Vote Out”at Mercury Café, 6:00 p.m. via ZOOM
Su, 18th – Fund-Raiser at The Venue, 1451 Cortez St., Denver for Jeff Anderson – Noon ‘til 6:00
Mo, 26th – COMBO General Meeting via Zoom – 7:30 p.m. (Note time change) – “Plan NOW for Tax Season 2021″ – Our guest speakers will be offering help to optimize your tax deductions for 2020. Details TBA
Events – November 2020
Fr, 6th – Open Media Announces a Fun Moving Party [See “Events’] .
Sa, 7th – Innervision Fundraiser & CD release | Get your tickets at http://www.innervisionfm.com | 75% of proceeds go to Innervision, working with disabled musical artists to help with the business of music!
Sa, 7th – Invitation: Cass Clayton Live Concert With Only 40 Seats – Broomfield Auditorium [See “Events”] .
BELL RINGERS: Previous article ringing a bell? Look for it on COMBO’s Website!
● Warning Signs of Suicide 1-800-273-TALK
● How to Take Care of Your Mental Health During a Pandemic
● COMBO’s YouTube Channel Features Videos From Our Meetings and Friends
● Updates to the COMBO Resource Pages – List Your Business – Free!
● Honoring Those We’ve Lost in the Year October 2019 thru September 2020
● Top Story: Harry Tuft: In Uncertain Times, Music Reminds Us We’re Not Alone
● The Top Thoughts and Prayers Stories for the Year
● Our Top Story is on Ben Makinen on JazzTown, a Documentary About Denver Jazz
● Top Buyer Beware Story: HitMan: How Much Did Lou Pearlman Steal From *NSYNC?
● Mountain Mamas Music is a Music Organization Created by Women, for Women.
● Can You Improve Upon Zoom Audio? Here Are Some Ideas
● Celebration of Life Set for Laura Ottum on October 10th
● The Top Research Story for the Year: Music Ed Isn’t a Luxury. All of Our Children Should be Learning Music
● The Top Report Story of the Year – Country Band, f/k/a Lady Antebellum, Sues Blues Singer Lady A
● Top Story for the Year Oct. 2019 thru Sept. 2020: COMBO’s Songwriting Contest Winners Announced
● Top Story: Can Musicians Like Rihanna and Axl Rose Stop Politicians From Using Their Music?