EVENTS: Calendar and Bell Ringers for September 12th, 2019
Our sincerest apologies to our Songwriting Contest entrants. We had hoped to be able to publish the Top scoring songs as well as the winner of the Durango Songwriters Expo entry today but that isn’t happening. Will do as soon as we can!
COMBO is about the “Business” of Music. Our mission is to educate musicians about the ins & outs of the music industry. We, as such, do not “promote” music but we do! In other words, we are not promoters like Live Nation or AEG but rather the behind-the-scenes people who help musicians to advance their careers! Our articles represent some phase of music business that could effect musicians – all musicians – everywhere.
● Northern Colorado Chapter NSAI needs a host! Contact us if you are interested.
● George Espenlaub Show Looking for Bands to Interview | See “Talent Needed”
● SXSW 2020 Music Festival Showcase Accepting Submissions – Deadline Sept. 13th
● http://www.Durango-Songwriters-Expo.com – In BROOMFIELD, Oct. 3-5, 2019
Featured Business Member for September 2019: Arts Attorney Scott Fitzke
Events – September 2019:
Rudy’s Tuesday Night Jams, EastFax Tap, E. Colfax & Tamarac, Denver – 7-9:00 p.m.
Ben’s Jazz Jam at Bear Creek Distillery, 4th Thursday of the Month
For a listing of Blues Events, go to http://www.coblues.org
Thru September 15th: Free shows at Levitt Pavilion, Ruby Hill Park, Denver
Th, 12th – RMPBS: Loretta Lynn: Still a Mountain Girl – 8:00 p.m.
“The Queen of Country Music” is still going strong after more than 50 years of music.
Fr-Su, 13th – 15th – Riot Fest in Douglas Park, Chicago, IL | http://www.riotfest.com
We, 18th – Ryan Chrys/Rough Cuts at Buffalo Rose, 1119 Washington Ave., 7:30 p.m.
Sa, Su – 14th – 15th – Telluride Blues & Brews, Telluride, CO
Th-Su, 19th – 22nd – Red River Folk Fest, New Mexico | http://www.redriverfolk.com
Su, 22nd – Celebration of Nate Winger’s life at The Venue
Mo, 23rd – COMBO General Meeting: All about PROs! BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC
Su, 29th – Denver Concert Band Presents “To the Stars” – 2:00 p.m. [“Star Wars” and more!]
Artists – September 2019:
[COMBO Dues-Paying Members: Be sure to send us YOUR schedule!]
Th, 12th – Rudy Grant & The Buffalo Riders at Windsor Gardens Outdoor Concert – 6:30 p.m.
Fr, 13th – Wendy Clark Band at Herman’s Hideaway, 1578 S. Broadway, Denver – 7:00 p.m.
Sa, 14th- Rudy Grant & The Buffalo Riders at Cherry Creek Fresh Food Market – 9:00 to 1:00
Sa, 14th – Rudy Grant/The Buffalo Riders – Eagle’s Club, 150 Caprice Ct. Castle Rock – 4:00 p
Tu, 17th – Rudy Grant & The Buffalo Riders at an AARP Event, 8545 E. Dry Creek Rd., Noon
Th, 19th – Laurie & Lorrie Duo at Lafayette Farmer’s Market, E. Simpson Coffee – 5:30-7:30
Fr, 20th – Laurie & Lorrie Duo at Snowy Peaks Winery, Estes Park – 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Sa, 21st – Rudy Grant & The Buffalo Riders at Elks Lodge BBQ, 2475 W. 26th Avenue, Noon
Sa, 21st – Rudy Grant & The Buffalo Riders at Northglenn Elks, 10969 Irma Dr., Northglenn – 6p
Su, 22nd – Laurie & Lorrie Duo at Denver City Park Farmer’s Market – East High School – 9-1
Th, 26th – Laurie Dameron at 63rd Street Farm, Boulder – 5:00 -7:00 p.m.
Sa, 28th – Rudy Grant & The Buffalo Riders at Cherry Creek Fresh Food Market – 9:00 to 1:00 p
Sa, 28th – Rudy Grant & The Buffalo Riders at Power Pack, Wadsworth & Easton, 2:00 p.m.
Events – October 2019:
We. 2nd – Colorado Springs Chapter – NSAI Meeting – 7:00 p.m. (See Songwriters’ Corner)
Fr, 4th – Denver Open Music Sessions, 700 Kalamath Street, 6:30 p.m.
Mo, 14th – Denver Chapter – NSAI Meeting – 7:00 p.m. (See Songwriters’ Corner)
Su, 20th – CCMHOF Fund-raiser at Dougie G’s, 10217 Quivas Street, Thornton – 2:00 p.m.
Mo, 21st – COMBO General Meeting – Irish Snug: Parodies, Spotify and Music Cities
Artists – October 2019:
Sa, 5th -Rudy Grant & The Buffalo Riders at Cherry Creek Fresh Food Market – 9:00 to 1:00
Sa, 5th – Rudy Grant/The Buffalo Riders at Cheluna’s, 25th St., & Dallas, Denver – 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Events – November 2019:
Mo, 6th – Colorado Springs Chapter – NSAI Meeting – 7:00 p.m. (See Songwriters’ Corner)
Sa, 9th – Otis Taylor Trance Blues Festival, E-Town Hall, Boulder, CO
Mo, 11th – Denver Chapter – NSAI Meeting – 7:00 p.m. (See Songwriters’ Corner)
Fr, 15th – COMBO Songwriter Winners Showcase & Awards – Walnut Room – 7:30 p.m.
BELL RINGERS: Previous article ringing a bell? Look for it on COMBO’s Website!
● Warning Signs of Suicide 1-800-273-TALK
● COMBO’s YouTube Channel Features Videos From Our Meetings and Friends
● COMBO’s Next General Meeting, Monday, Sept. 23rd – On PROs: ASCAP, BMI, SESAC
● Ryan Chrys & The Rough Cuts Will Receive CCMHOF Award on September 18th
● Local Favorite Musician Nate Winger Passes Unexpectedly
● Stan Monroe Offers Suicide Prevention Help
● Denver Wants to Boot the Onyx Nightclub Out of Its 14th Street City-owned Location
● Youth on Record Hires Flobots’ Stephen Brackett to Extend the Denver Non-profit’s Reach Throughout Colorado
● George Espenlaub Show Looking for Bands to Interview
● COMBO Member Wendy Hudson Forwards “Buyer Beware” Alert
● Mark Bliesener: “Jurassic Mark” Released by Bob Dillon Records on September 24
● Featured Business Member for September: Scott Fitzke – Arts Attorney
● LaShawn Daniels, Grammy-winning Songwriter for Beyoncé, Dies in Car Crash at 41
● Colorado Symphony: Join Us for a Denver Music Education Convening this October!
● COMBO Member Enzi Asks for Your Vote in Contest
● Reminder of NSAI Meetings in the Colorado Area
● Julie Geller Sends Encouraging Words to Help You Finish Your Projects
● Denver Concert Band Presents “To the Stars” on Sunday, September 29th – 2:00 p.m.
● Prayers for Gary Satchel – “Sugar Bear” and His Family in the Loss of Gary’s Son
● Lori Clayton Sends Warning: Watch Out After Attending Concerts at Mission Ballroom
● Time for the Durango Songwriters Expo in Broomfield, CO Again!!!