Join us for this month’s Open Music Sessions, featuring the music of NGHT WLVS from northern Colorado and Philly-based Kuf Knotz.
The evening begins with a special hour-long Countdown Show honoring longtime Denver Open Media Station Director Ann Theis (see below), starting at 7 pm in the upstairs lounge. Free food and drink from Sexy Pizza, Renegade Brewing Company and Crazy Mountain Brewery.
The main show starts downstairs in Studio A at 8 pm, with live music and your chance to win a Basic membership at Denver Open Media!
# # # # #
After over a decade at the helm of Denver Open Media, Ann Theis has accepted a job offer in Boston with Brookline Interactive and the Public VR Lab. Though it is a huge loss for OMF, Denver Open Media and the Denver community, we are proud that Ann will be able to continue working for one of the most innovative and respected public access community media centers in the nation.
July’s First Friday will be Ann’s final day with OMF/DOM, and we are inviting students, colleagues, and members who have been impacted by Ann’s work to join us in acknowledging the impact she has had on our community. If you have a story to share or want to be a part of this tribute, please join us for July 5th’s Open Music Sessions and Countdown Show (see above).
Write email@example.com with your ideas/plans and to RSVP. If you can’t join us, please send us a video of your thoughts, and we will include it in the show!
Help us honor all Ann has done for our community!
# # # # #
Beginning August 1, 2019, DOM will close earlier on Tuesdays to Fridays, but open earlier and add a full day of operation!
Equipment check-outs/returns and Learning Lab/edit systems are now open to the public Monday to Saturday from noon to 7 pm.
# # # # #
DOM Membership Benefits
Beginning on August 1st, 2019, DOM membership benefits will include the following:
● Early access to the Learning Lab/edit systems (9 am to noon, Monday to Friday)
● Studio availability for members is now noon to 7 pm Monday to Saturday
● Most equipment check-outs will no longer be free, but available at a 50% reduced member rate for studio access members.
● Studio access (and equipment and accessories for studio productions) and the edit stations will remain free for members
● Radio and audio production equipment will continue to be free for members producing content for 92.9FM and 89.3HD3
● Interns still have access to most equipment for free during their internship
With our expanded hours and new equipment policies, we recommend that you make your equipment and studio reservations at least 48 hours in advance. Equipment use through July 31 will remain at our current rates.
Any reservations made for dates after July 31 will be charged the new, reduced member rate, regardless of when the member reserved the equipment.
# # # # #
Volunteer to Rent Equipment for Free
Beginning July 1, active DOM members will be able to earn 10 DOM Bucks per hour for:
● Volunteering to run concessions at DOM events
● Crewing DOM-run events (e.g., First Fridays)
● Volunteering to table with DOM at outreach events
● Volunteer shifts to run equipment room and process check-outs for other members (available only for members who have completed a Public Access TV Station/Community Media internship)
Members can use their DOM Bucks to pay for equipment rentals, membership renewals, and class fees.
If you would like to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also available anytime during DOM’s new open hours to answer your questions.
Denver Open Media staff