Hi friends, we wanted to give you a quick update. Basically, everything is obviously up in the air at the moment. We did already buy tickets (alas, shortly before all the craziness), and the tickets are non-refundable, but we CAN change the dates of those tickets as needed without fees. Also, 11 shows are fully confirmed in the UK right now. So, this next week we’ll see what happens. We are not cancelling the current dates as yet, though it certainly is looking like we’ll need to. If/when we do have to cancel, we’ll at that point reschedule as we’ll have to choose NEW! ~ dates for the airline tickets. …and at that point we’ll start rescheduling the existing UK venues as well.
Know that we are continuing with the plan, if not next month, then likely we’ll reschedule for the fall and we’re going to keep working to get there. All of the donations you all have made have gone into the plane tickets and first and foremost we want to thank you, and also to assure you that it IS going to happen, …now it is just a question of when.
We will keep you updated regularly, you on this special, personal email list are our UK Team and we love you and are grateful for your support. We’ll be getting your incentives prepared and shipped out to you over the next week, so keep an eye for more communication.
We have also had to cancel our private party in Denver scheduled for March 20, we planned to have as many of you there as possible, to shake your hand and to intimately play our NEW! ~ songs for you, but, its simply no longer an option. We will however do some live video’s and or webcasts, once we have what we need set up.
Thank you so very much for your support in the past, now, and in the future, it really does mean the whole world to us, and we’re going to make good on it. Every dollar and every minute and every thought.
We’ll be in touch again soon, until then we wish you the very best in all things, health and gratitude on top.
Thank you and with love,
Ryan, Michael, Lauren, Susan, and Jack – The Rough Cuts
# # # # #
Ryan Chrys & The Rough Cuts Aims for Tour in the UK and Switzerland – Help Them Out!
Dear friends, we have the amazing opportunity to tour in the UK and Switzerland! (see our video at the bottom of this page) We are raising money to cover airfare and transportation expenses as well as van and gear rental. It is a dream of ours to represent Colorado country music abroad, our goal is to create relationships and connections with both venues and fans so that we can begin to build our name and ultimately earn enough through advance guarantees such that we will be able to afford to tour abroad each year while earning enough money from shows to cover our expenses and opportunity costs.
As other bands in the Denver scene tour abroad with the help of agencies and record labels, we are relying on our friends, family and fans for that assistance to kickstart our process. We do have an agent in the UK booking shows for us, these shows pay based on ticket sales, so we have no guarantees, but we must start somewhere! We have a confirmed festival in Switzerland as an anchor date that does offer a guarantee, but given we are a first time band, the guarantee small, not near enough to tackle the expenses. We do plan to book as many shows as possible so that we can earn more while we’re there, but again as a first time band, we’re investing to build relationships.
We are offering special rewards and incentives for donations:
– for all donations, we’ll add you (should you choose) to a special email list and group for personal updates, messages, photos and videos of the tour from concept to completion. We want to take you with us! …we of course will be posting our travels to our band page, but for our contributors we will be doing a special, more personal diary, for you.
– Michael has written and released two printed books, “The Road Never Ends,” and “This Week Nothing,” both books are fun, easy reads detailing the ludicrous experiences of a lifetime musician. The reviews on both books are excellent, you’ll surely enjoy these awesome coffee table winners!
– Lauren crafts handmade jewelry from our used guitar and bass strings. She makes amazing rings, earrings, bracelets and more. Tell her what style you like and she’ll create something especially for you!
– Ryan will pen the lyrics of your favorite Rough Cuts song in his own lyric book, the band will sign the page and he’ll tear it out and send it to you, …he’ll even write the chords over the lyrics so you can strum along if you choose!
– We’ll write a song just for you! We’ll come to your house, or a location of your choosing and perform a special concert for you and/or your friends, we’ll take care of everything! We’ll organize and orchestrate a house concert that you’ll remember for years to come.
– We’ll take requests! Is there something special you’re hoping for? Let’s make it happen, we want to give you the reward that you want for your donation. Let’s see what we can come up with!
We are also seeking flight miles for those willing to donate their transferable flight miles.
Our gratitude knows no bounds. We are blessed beyond words to have such incredible friends and fans near and far who follow us, listen to and share our music, come to our shows, and support the passion and hard work it takes in this industry. We’ve been touring and recording non-stop these last few years and we’re going to continue to work hard and make sacrifices to achieve our goals. We have several big goals, to sign with a booking agency, to earn enough in US ticket sales to support the expense of a bus or rv and driver, and to establish ourselves in the UK and EU markets with opportunities at festivals where we can gain the exposure it takes to prove ourselves as a world class band! Each of us are investing all we have to accomplish these goals and we’re getting closer! …we are asking for financial assistance for this particular goal as it is the toughest to get started given airfare and transportation expenses. We’re having to do this in 2 separate legs, the UK leg and the Switzerland leg. We’re concentrating on the UK leg first. Our research shows that airfare, van rental, driver, gear and back-line rental, fuel, lodging, will be over $10,000 total to cover both legs, and of course we’re contributing our personal funds and credit also to the total airfare and travel expenses as well as for visas, promotions, food, gear, etc.
We hope to represent Colorado music, and independent, unsigned DIY music on a whole. We want to be your champions, in return, in addition to the rewards above we will work hard, remain humble, keep our eyes on the goals and give 100% of everything we are every time, for every one. With your donation we want to make you proud and we hope to inspire people across the globe!