Societies where you can register original songs so you will receive royalties for radio airplay, etc.




For information on how to register your original song:

National Copyright Office

To check on whether a name for your act is already registered by someone else, and for information on how to obtain federal trademark protection yourself:

US Trademark Office

If you want to know how to obtain just a State of Colorado trademark — or if you want to incorporate your group, file an LLC, etc.:

Colorado Secretary of State

To seek a license to record a cover, i.e., get permission to cut a tune written and owned by someone else, when you don’t want to contact the owner directly:

National Music Publisher’s Association


Comments are closed.

Close Search Window