CelebrityAccess | A Long Island man has been awarded a payout of $101 million dollars in a lawsuit over a 2013 accident that left him with a fractured skull.
According to the New York Post, Jurors in Manhattan Supreme court on Monday sided with 36-year-old Mark Perez, who endured four brain surgeries and now requires full-time medical care after he fell 10 feet from a scaffold while building a booth at the Jones Beach Marine Theatre in Wantagh.
After the fall, Perez filed suit against Live Nation, seeking compensation for future pain and suffering, lost earnings and medical expenses.
According to the Post, Perez declined a $31 million settlement offer from Live Nation in October. A judge had previously found Live Nation to be liable in the case but allowed a jury to determine damages in the case.
“There was a lot to it and the defendant’s experts and lawyers never really took responsibility,” Benedict Morelli, an attorney for Perez told the Post. “They tried to diminish his cognitive deficiencies, almost blaming him, to get a discount.”
At present, it is unclear if Live Nation plans to appeal the decision, but notably, a rep for the promoter said the company “does not comment on pending litigation.”