Oriental Opry – 2nd Tuesdays of the Month
Jane Manly, an independent music promoter, presents the Oriental Opry the second Tuesday of every month at the Historic Oriental Theater. The mission is the promotion of astounding Colorado acoustic musicians. Each show features 5 musicians or groups for a 25 minute set. The show is run “Old Time Opry Style” — they sound check at 6:00 p.m. and run the show straight through. Often performers jump in and accompany other groups (with their permission of course!)
The Historic Oriental Theater (and Scott LaBarbara) and Jane are presenting the only local show of its kind in the Denver area. The continuation of the project depends on the support of the music community and attendance is growing steadily.
Where: The Historic Oriental Theater, 44th & Tennyson, Denver
When: The Second Tuesday of the Month (next one on November 11th)
Time: Starting at 7:30 p.m. and ending around 10:00 p.m.
Cost: For just $5 you get an incredible variety show!
The show’s master of ceremonies is Joe Kellogg. Joe is a singer/songwriter whose songs have a comedic flare (ask him to play “I’m a Love Fracker”!)
Scheduled for November 11th:
• Dead Gurus: Moses Walker, Sam Silver, Randy Welsh, Mark Hutchinson, Mike Geiseman; Eclectic collaboration – bring your dancing shoes!
• John & Missy Kidd: Keyboards with incredible vocals.
• BitterSweet: Marty Hallberg and Gary Loffler, acoustic duo.
• Barbara Jo and The Hippie Buckaroos: Progressive way-fun country!
• Song Salad: Helena and Cal; variety of tasty songs and wailing kazoo playing. . . lots of fun!