The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) program was established through the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Non-profits, and Venues Act, signed into law on December 27, 2020, and amended by the American Rescue Plan Act to provide over $16 billion in economic relief to target industries. The SVOG application is slated to open on April 8, 2021. This program includes $15 billion in grants to shuttered venues, to be administered by the SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance.
The SBA has launched a splash page for the application portal in anticipation of opening applications on Thursday, April 8, 2021. We are encouraging Colorado organizations seeking a grant to prepare well in advance and be ready to move swiftly once applications go live.
Who can apply?
● Live venue operators or promoters
● Theatrical producers
● Live performing arts organization operators
● Relevant museum operators, zoos, and aquariums who meet specific criteria
● Motion picture theater operators
● Talent representatives, and
● Each business entity owned by an eligible entity that also meets the eligibility requirements
● Must have been in operation as of February 29, 2020
● Venue or promoter must not have applied for or received a PPP loan on or after December 27, 2020
Note: Under federal competitive grant rules, once the application system goes live, the Small Business Administration (including the District Office) cannot address any more specific questions from applicants.
Additional resources to help you get prepared: