We’re looking for a new lead singer for our Denver metro area teenage rock band, The Aftermath. We play classic, alternative, and hard rock. A flyer with more details is attached. If you know of anyone, please have them contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We are looking for someone between the ages of 13-17. The flyer says the deadline is the end of August, but at this point we’ll be auditioning singers into the month of September.
We are also looking for a singer to sub for our band for a performance mid-August. No strings attached – this can be a one time performance – no need to audition for the permanent position. The age range is more flexible as this is not a competition, just a one-time performance. We are hoping to find someone with band experience who could quickly jump in and be ready to go after a few practices. We would only be playing 5-7 songs, mostly covers with possibly 2 originals thrown in. Again, if they could contact us at our email we would be most grateful.
• Be between the ages of 13-17
• Enjoy singing classic, alternative, and hard rock
• Make our band your first musical priority
• Be able to practice on Mondays and Thursdays, with occasional additional practices; practices held in Arvada and Lafayette
• Be able to attend scheduled performances
• Be willing to travel to gigs outside of metro Denver area if opportunities arise
• Be open to writing songs and taking constructive criticism
• Have good stage presence and/or be willing to continue to work on it
• Be willing to adapt to the “look” of the band onstage
• Understand that the parents of the band members are involved in promoting and working with the band
• Be willing to pay for the support of a band coach
• Be willing to pay for recording studio fees
• Previous band experience is a plus
We play classic and hard rock covers and write and play originals. Examples of music we play and like are Motley Crue, Ozzie, Guns n Roses, Van Halen, The Rolling Stones… We are looking for someone with a great voice and stage presence who will fit in well with our band members.
We have 2 guitarists, a bassist, and a drummer. We have played together for about a year and a half. We range in age from 13-17. Looking for someone who communicates with others in a respectful manner. No big egos – looking to work as a team.
You can see videos of our band on YouTube – The Aftermath Colorado or visit our Facebook page.
Please send YouTube videos of you singing/performing.
Submit with your information to email@example.com.
Auditions will be held in Arvada. We are looking to fill this position no later than the end of August 2015.
Thank you for your interest!
YouTube: The Aftermath Colorado
With best regards,